Monday, October 30, 2017

Happy Halloween!!

Our lil punkin (a gator howling at the moon)

The District

It's fall, y'all!! The weather's cooling down, leaves are falling (kind of), and there are pumpkin blow ups everywhere (Slidell is obsessed with yard inflatables). Fall really does happen in Louisiana!

Happy moments this week:

- Amanda is our new best friend. Every lesson we teach her she gets excited about how it all just makes so much sense. We gave her a church tour this week when she came to the ward Halloween party. It was pretty funny touring the halls as "Monster Mash" played in the background but the spirit was strong as we testified about the sacrament. 

 - Teaching KIDS. Y'all I love kids so much. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I went back to a family ward! There's a group of kids we started teaching a couple weeks ago and they're hilarious.  On Tuesday we were reading 1 Nephi 1 with them. We had planned to read half of the chapter and then have them finish it on their own but they loved it so much and begged us to keep reading together. It amazes me how receptive they are to the spirit.

We had zone conference this week and it really got me thinking. Our mission has had a strong focus lately of being "all in" and laying everything on the altar of sacrifice. Something I've realized is putting everything on the altar of sacrifice pulls me out of the comfort zone. Those parts of myself I want to hold back or the sins I want to hold on to are comfortable. But giving them all to the Savior brings me out of my comfort zone and onto my knees, because I know I can't do it without Him. 

This gospel is true! Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and He lives. I love y'all a whole lot, have a great week!

<3 Sister Thomas
Sis Gamble is the cutest am I right or what?


Love her <3

Sis Gamble is the cutest am I right or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment