|The folks go all out for watermelon here|
|Poor Miss Frances in her hospital bed|
|Steph is just the cutest thing|
Hey y'all! I hope y'all are doing well. This week was wild, wonderful, and incredibly faith building.
We had a crazy experience Tuesday night. We were heading home and Sister Amezcua had the thought to visit a sweet less active member, Miss Frances. It seemed weird because we needed to get home, but we followed through anyway. Miss Frances is the cutest thing. She loves us, hugs us forever, sings to us, and calls us her "babies". We were helping her change into her night gown when all of a sudden she fell back and fainted. She started having a heart attack so Sister Amezcua held her and comforted her while I called 911. It was the saddest thing! Miss Frances just kept saying over and over that God sent us to her. She lives alone so it is scary to think about what would have happened to her if we hadn't been prompted to visit her. But she is safe now and doing well!
Happy moments this week:
- we went to a funeral and it took a solid 20 minutes for us to realize we were the only white people in the room (classic)
- we played "water pong" as a district
- we got drenched just about every day this week (I love the rain here)
- we had stake conference yesterday and it ROCKED
- Sister Amezcua is the best thing. She is in a lot of pain all the time but she is still so outward looking. She truly loves the people here and she gives everything for them. We appreciate all the prayers for her from y'all! It means a lot.
This week has taught me a lot about the converting power of the Book of Mormon. We've been focusing on reading the Book of Mormon with our investigators and it has been powerful. I have no doubt that this book is true. It truly can get us closer to God than any other book.
Life is good y'all! It's a commandment to have joy so I've been trying to smile a lot more. It's amazing the difference a smile can make! I love y'all a ton. Make it a great week!
|Driving to Stake Conference with cute Stephanie Nations|
|The graveyards are above ground here - that has been new to me!|