Monday, October 23, 2017

Cloudy with a Chance of baptism

Chance's happy day <3


Chalmette missionaries came up to do service at the Slidell
Bishop's storehouse so our "squad pan" was happily reuinited

 #21

Hey fam!

Major highlight of this week: CHANCE GOT BAPTIZED. It was a pretty crazy week leading up to it but the baptism was peaceful and beautiful. It turned out so well! On Sunday he was confirmed and then given the priesthood. It's sweet to work with him and plan for his and Sheri's temple marriage a year from now. Since we've been teaching Chance Sheri has become more active and will even be going out teaching with us later today. Blessings on blessings on blessings!

We're still getting to know the members but wow I love them so much. Slidell is already starting to feel like home. I don't know how I got lucky enough to be serving here but I am sure thankful! Every single day there seems to be a new miracle. 

My favorite miracle of the week is Amanda. She's 22 and up to this point has had no relationship with God. In our first lesson she was explaining how she's felt a void in her life and she knows she needs something more. As we taught her she felt the spirit and is already planning on and excited for baptism! She's been reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it and recognizes a difference in her life. 

Y'all, this gospel is so true. There is always an answer to our problems in life and the answer is always Jesus Christ. I read Alma 26:12 this week and it took on a whole new meaning for me:

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..."

Before my mission I knew that "in his strength I can do all things" but now I believe it. I knew God loved me and had a plan for me but now I believe it. Isn't it funny how that works?

I love y'all! Have a stellar week!

<3 Sister Thomas

p.s. Thanks to all of you who were so sweet to me on my birthday! It was a great day :)

My Slidell fam (The May's) called my mom and got the recipe for the birthday
dinner she always makes me....I'm telling you, I am too spoiled here

More birthday love


No comments:

Post a Comment