Monday, October 9, 2017

NATE

Saying goodbye to Sister Beck :(

Chalmette sleepovers for dayzzzz

Sweet Leonard in the hospital

This week we ate pizza 4 times in 2 days, enjoyed a midnight snack in the mission home, cried with Leonard in the hospital, had a slumber party every night, and......got EVACUATED thanks to hurricane Nate!

So yes. I feel like I say this every week but y'all, it's been a wild ride. Sister Gamble, my new companion, is adorable and I love her a ton already. We've been bunking with the Chalmette sisters which has been a blast! They are both already good friends of mine so spending the week together has been too much fun. They doubled in so Sis and I have been showing them the area.

Chalmette didn't actually get hit by the hurricane but President evacuated us and 12 other missionaries just to play it safe. He called us Saturday morning to tell us to come up to BR and said "bring your Preach My Gospel, it's gonna be like girls camp!" And you can bet we took that to heart! After a day of working in BR we came in and watched President play corn hole with some elders, cut strawberries with Sister Varner, and then we dragged mattresses into the family room so all of us sisters could sleep together. It was definitely one of my favorite nights of the mission! The Varners are seriously like family. I can't say enough good about them :)

Sister Gamble and I have felt a bit homeless this week without our area to work in and because we've been moving around so much, but I've been so blessed to work in two of my favorite areas! In reality we weren't actually homeless because Chalmette and BR are both home to me. I got to say some "hello again"'s and "see you later"'s to my fam in Chalmette, and then we went to church at LSU so I got to see my best friends in BR! I don't know how I got so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life but boy am I thankful.

I love y'all! Tomorrow we should be moving to Slidell so we'll be off on a whole new adventure! Thank goodness Heavenly Father keeps life exciting. Have a great week!

<3 Sister Thomas

Back at the mission home

Back at the mission home

Girls camp?

Corn row in the hallway of the mission home

Back at LSU with Emily <3

Saying hello to Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment