Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Leaving LBRM....kind of!

This is how I feel about transfers

One last time at the state capitol

Transfers are usually a lil crazy....but this one is downright insane! The whole mission is being turned upside down in the best way possible. Heavenly Father truly has some big plans for Louisiana!

Transfer news: I'm leaving LSU to open up Slidell. The funny thing is....Slidell is not even part of our mission. It's in the Jackson, Mississippi mission. There's a new stake opening up and Slidell will become part of our mission. That will all be going down in about a week, so in the meantime I'll be serving in Chalmette, the area I was in a few transfers ago! I'm excited for this new adventure and of course to see my fave Chalmette branch. God is so good.

I love LSU and I'm sad to leave. This area has been a place of serious growth and beautiful experiences. I have seen the Lord's hand in this area. Sister Beck and I were talking the other day about the beauty of change. As a missionary I've had such a great opportunity to see change in my investigators, areas, companions, and of course myself. Change can be tough but I am so glad that "our Father in Heaven is concerned not just about our comfort but even more about our upward progress" (President Eyring). Change is beautiful. I'm thankful for the changes I've seen here and for the changes that are to come.

It was a great week! Conference was amazing, of course. We watched a couple sessions at the mission home with the Varners and two of our investigators came! I loved talking to Sierra about it afterward. She was excited that she recognized some of the Book of Mormon references from what she has been reading. Sierra is a ray of sunshine in our lives. She is progressing so well and will be getting baptized next week! I'm happy for her and proud of the choices she is making. 

Some of my fave conference quotes:
"In any case, I am grateful to know that in spite of my imperfections, at least God is perfect"
"We cannot control all that happens to us, but we have absolute control over how we respond to the changes in our lives"
"Hard is good"
"Who needs me today?"
"Whatever we do, don't do it out of fear"

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He lives and He is there for us. I find great peace knowing that we don't walk alone. I love y'all! Have a great week!

<3 Sister Thomas

The district

No comments:

Post a Comment