Monday, November 6, 2017

Elder Oaks!!

Good luck finding me in this one, Mom!

Still reppin LSU

Happy Halloween

Some weeks I just sit back and wonder, "How did I get so lucky to have these experiences?" The answer is Heavenly Father is just really good to me! I've done nothing to deserve all the tender mercies He sends but I am very grateful.

Friday night was a special YSA devotional in Baton Rouge with Elder Oaks and Klebingat. Our investigator Amanda drove Chance and Sheri so they were all able to sit at the feet of an apostle. How amazing. We're hoping it was really good for Amanda because she's had a tough week. The adversary has been hitting her hard and throwing a lot of opposition her way. That's not cool at all but we have faith that it will all work out! 

Between listening to Elder Oaks speak and seeing some of my best friends from LSU and around the mission I was about ready to burst with happiness. But it only got better! Friday night we spent the night in the mission home and then the next morning our entire mission came together to hear Elder Oaks speak again. The spirit was incredible. Elder Oaks is so kind and personable. He spoke a little bit and then opened it up to a Q and A session which was really cool. I don't have words for any of this but it was just incredible all around!

I don't have time to explain all the good things so here are some of my favorite tidbits from the weekend:
  • "I haven't been perfect, but I've never been neutral. The Lord knows where I've committed my agency" - Elder Klebingat
  • We were challenged to embark on a daily study to unlock the mystery of the atonement of Jesus Christ. To move it away from a theory to a daily living and rejoicing
  • Every day consecrate yourself to the Lord
  • "This church is not a retirement home for the righteous. It's a hospital for the sinners.....and that's why we call our units wards" - Elder Oaks
I love y'all a lot! This church is true. Heavenly Father has called prophets who speak to us today. They are great people when you see them in the public and on the screen at General Conference but they are even better in person. I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who has blessed me with many things - the chance to serve as a full time missionary, to meet these wonderful warriors in Louisiana, to make best friends out here, and to see tender mercies every day. But the most important gift He has given me is His son Jesus Christ who gave His life for all of us. And I can thank Him by following Him and applying His atonement into my life daily. I love y'all! Have an amazing week :)

<3 Sister Thomas

Meet Dede! She takes care of us and drives us to far out areas to visit people. 

Lighting a fire at the mission home....in 80 degree weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment