Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Rapping up another week of blessings

This is from last week when we all stayed at the mission home

Biking the Trace

Hey y'all! I hope you had a week full of smiles and tender mercies. We sure did!

Happy moments:
  • Our 12 year old investigator Elise'ya rapped for us. We were talking about faith and how as we trust in God he will show us the way to go. Elise'ya goes, "Ohhhh so that's like how the other day God told me I need to start up my rap career again!" She dropped a few beats about her jr high drama and it was so great. (also she's on date for baptism which is exciting!)
  • We made a new friend, Stephen, at the Bishop's storehouse. Apparently he's BFF's with "Tommy" Monson and all of the apostles. So cool! His son is "Ziggy" who plays for the Detroit Lions. He recruited us to help him find a wife for Ziggy! He told us, "If that boy isn't married by December 26th I'm going to march into a YSA ward in Utah and tell the first girl I see, 'Honey, you just found yourself a husband, whether you like it or yes it's not a choice." Oh boy!
  • We accidentally went on a 30 mile bike ride last pday. We decided it would be fun to go on a little joy ride on a beautiful trail. Well that bike ride doubled quickly! It was a blast. 
I wish I could explain all the good that happened this week. One example is when we went park contacting. It was our first time at this park and as we were walking around the only people there were kids on a field trip. We felt weird and stalker-ish talking to the students so we were getting reading to leave. As we were pulling out of the parking lot a young woman came running up to us, asked if we were missionaries and if we’d have time to talk in ten minutes. Sis and I looked at each other like “wow, this never happens” and gave an emphatic yes! Her name is Melissa and she’s an English teacher at a Baptist high school. She saw missionaries a couple years ago at a coffee shop and felt prompted to talk to them but she was too slow to act. She’s regretted it ever since. When she saw us she got really excited and had a lot of good questions about what is truth and how to know it. She invited us over to dinner with her and her husband. We’re excited to see where it goes! The Lord truly puts people in our path, even in unlikely places. 

It was one of those weeks where it felt really hard to push through and because of that we knew good things were coming. And we were right! Heavenly Father had people prepared for us to find, we invited a lot of investigators to be baptized, and the spirit was there teaching every lesson. I know this is the Lord's work! No matter how small or imperfect I am, Heavenly Father will use me to accomplish His work. Missions are cool because Heavenly Father takes you and shows you how small you really are and then builds you up so you can share His love with others. I meet new people to love every day and I thank Heavenly Father for loving me enough to send me to Louisiana. This beautiful and crazy place really is home. 

"For unto this end have I raised you up, that I might show forth my wisdom through the weak things of the earth" - D&C 124:1

I love y'all! 

<3 Sister Thomas

p.s. transfer news: I'm staying in Slidell with cute Sister Gamble! I couldn't be happier. I love this place and I adore Sis. 

Love them

Elise'ya and Paris

Dede has a tradition of going tracting with the sisters on her wedding anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment