Monday, August 28, 2017

We matter to Him

Saying "see ya later" to Sister Edwards
Hey y'all! 

It's been a wet week! No worries, we are completely safe from Hurricane Harvey. It looked like it was headed our way for a while but it turns out we'll just be getting a whole lot of rain. We're keeping the people in Texas in our prayers <3

The lovely Sister Beck is my new companion and we've had a great start to the new transfer. It's fun, Sister Beck is one of my good friends in the mission but we've never been able to serve in the same district or zone. Now she's my comp and I am counting my blessings!

We had a pretty cool experience last night. We tracted into this one apartment where a couple seniors were hanging out together. We had a great discussion about religion and science. They are both science majors and they were talking about how compared to everything, the human race is pretty insignificant. We are nothing. It was amazing to be able to answer questions about why we are here, where we are going, and testify of Heavenly Father's individual love for us. 

"This is a paradox of man: compared to God, man is nothing; yet we are everything to God."

I stand all amazed at how well Heavenly Father knows each of us and how much He still loves us. It's hard for me to imagine that kind of love, especially as I recognize my own weaknesses and shortcomings.  But I know His love is real. I can't comprehend it and I don't know if I ever will but I am so, so thankful. We matter to Him!

I love y'all. This gospel is true! Have a bless'd week!

<3 Sister Thomas

GREEN DINNER. Bishop and Sister Lambert cooked green pork, green rice and
beans, green cornbread, etc. to celebrate the new "greenies" (new missionaries)
in the district. They even invited President and Sister Varner!

And the adventure begins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment