Tuesday, August 22, 2017

"do you know what it means to miss new orleans?"

School started yesterday and free speech alley is crazy

Dreams do come true in New Orleans

You can bet we broke our no sugar streak for some cafe du monde beignets

The dream team is breaking up y'all. 

Sister Edwards is heading to New Orleans to open up an area and train. I'll be staying at LSU and the one and only Sister Beck will be joining me! The change was totally unexpected and I'm really going to miss my best friend, but I know this is Heavenly Father's plan and I feel peace. I'm excited and ready to do anything He asks of me. Sister Edwards is going to kill it. I'm excited for her to spread her light to another area of the mission.

The bright side of all of this is we had a rad week! Major highlight: WE WENT TO NEW ORLEANS!!!

Elder Klebingat of the Seventy came to visit our mission and we were lucky enough to hear from him three days in a row. We had a leadership meeting, a zone conference, and he came to the YSA ward for sacrament meeting. The leadership meeting was down in New Orleans. I've been telling Sister Edwards since day 1 that I want to take her to New Orleans and our dreams came true! We took a couple hours out of our Pday so we could explore the French Market and see some sights before the meeting. It was too good to be true!

The meetings were powerful. Elder Klebingat is German and he's great at being bold with love. He honestly threw down on us quite a bit, especially in our first meeting with him, but it was good because it was exactly what we needed. I especially loved his message in zone conference. He talked about consecrating everything we have and all that we are to Heavenly Father. Many of my prayers were answered :)

Some of my favorite little parts:
  • Coming unto God is never a negotiation. It is always complete surrender.
  • We're called not because we're great but because we have potential to be great
  • Understand whose servant you are
  • My will is no longer as important as the Lord's will
  • Only in complete humility can we approach the throne of God
  • All that you think about and do every day is a reflection of your conversion
  • The Lord will bless you and make up for everything you're lacking. But you have to be facing the right direction
I love y'all! Put the Lord first and everything else will fall into place. Have an incredible week!

<3 sister thomas

p.s. A shirtless guy passed out while we were teaching him the restoration on his doorstep this week. That was pretty wild.

mission "posterity"

Bishop and Sister Lambert <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment