Monday, August 7, 2017

Plot Twist

It was a close call, y'all

Exchanges with my girl Sister Pedro

Hey y'all, I have some exciting news! We had a fun little surprise this week....we're in a trio! We picked cute Sister Crayton up from the airport on Saturday. We had assumed we'd be taking her back to her area but luckily we get to keep her! She'll be our companion for at least the next couple weeks until transfers. We didn't see this coming at all but it is a major blessing. Y'all, Sister Crayton is so rad! Now I have two incredible companions. Heavenly Father is just pouring down those blessings.

Speaking of blessings, the work is picking up here. Students are starting to move back in for school so this "ghost town" is about to start poppin! We had some solid appointments set for the week and I can't even tell you how much of a tender mercy that is. Even if they fall through, the fact that they were set in the first place is a miracle. The next couple weeks are gonna be crazy with lots of exchanges, adjustments, and good old hard work and I couldn't be happier. Life is good!

We had zone conference this week and it got me excited about where the mission is headed. I learned a lot about the missionary I want to be. A common theme on my mission has been focusing on my intentions and where my heart is at. I want to give my all to Heavenly Father and that means not just doing the right thing, but doing the right thing for the right reasons. I'm not great at it. I mess up a lot. But when I try to do good things out of my love for my Savior, not out of hope for reward of fear of consequence, that's when I am happiest. Outward "success" doesn't really make a difference in the end; true happiness comes when I'm working hard and loving the Lord. So no matter what happens, no matter what role Heavenly Father has me play in helping others come unto Christ, I want to come home at the end of the hardest days and just thank Heavenly Father for allowing me to serve. I love being a missionary.

I hope y'all have a great week. I love you!

Sister Thomas

The LSU dream team

Up on top of the state capital building

No comments:

Post a Comment