Tuesday, September 5, 2017

"If anyone's going to heaven it's the mormons. They're just so nice!"

Waffle houses at FHE

I can't even tell you how many times the BYU/LSU game was brought up in testimony meeting yesterday. Bishop started it off by comparing LSU to Satan and testifying that we can keep moving forward, and everyone else celebrated LSU's win by testifying of our individual potential to do great things. Y'all. I didn't really get it until now, but football really is religion here!

Don't worry fam, I still love BYU but I'll be real: LSU has my heart right now. This area has been exploding this week and we've seen more miracles than I can say. It means a lot to me that Heavenly Father is in the details of our lives. He takes notice of the little things. There are tender mercies all around us!

Our week started off with a bang when we walked out of one of the best district meetings of my mission. This district is on fire! The AP's instructed on sanctification and the power that comes from giving it all to Heavenly Father. We are endowed with power when we lay everything on the altar of sacrifice, especially those things we don't want to give up. Sister Beck and I have made an increased effort to find those small and important changes we need to make. It's made all the difference!

D&C 64:33-34
"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days."

Heavenly Father has been so kind to us! I feel like I've come to know Jesus Christ in such a real way this week. Every good thing comes from him and boy, have we seen good come into the lives of those we've met and taught. I love being a missionary! I'm so happy here and even on the craziest days (and let's be real, there is no such thing as a "normal day" out here) Heavenly Father is sending sunshine through the clouds. 

I love y'all! Thank you for being a tender mercy in my life.

<3 Sister Thomas

p.s. If y'all have a second this little video is a must see. It's Elder Holland so you already know it's waaaaay good! 

Happy 1 year to Sister Beck!!

The new Free Speech Alley crew

No comments:

Post a Comment