Monday, June 26, 2017

Sunshine and "merry half Christmas"

 Exchanges with Sister Kezos <3 New Iberia is cajun country
and borders Opelousas so it felt like coming home <3
Hey y'all!! 

Good news: we didn't get hit by the tropical storm Cindy! We heard a lot about it and were getting ready for lock down but we ended up just getting a bunch of rain instead. Sister Edwards and I both love the rain so we had some good times tracting and dancing in the rain. Life is good! So much rain and yet so much sunshine in my life.

Speaking of sunshine...y'all. Sister Edwards is incredible. We have been so happy together and have been able to work hard and give everything to this area. Something I love about her is her ability to make the best of any situation. We have so much fun because we laugh everything off and find the joy in every day. Yesterday we celebrated HALF CHRISTMAS. It's a running joke from when we celebrated our first "half Christmas" (June 25th) as a joke in the MTC. So of course we set up a Christmas tree and listened to Christmas music all day!

Monday was a bit of a mess. We were so excited for Alex to come to FHE and meet the ward for the first time. It was going alright until we were playing reverse charades and our Bishop elbowed Alex really hard in the face. Like she was bleeding. She was a total champ and was a good sport about it. The great thing about it is she is solid and so ready for the gospel that even a solid elbow to the face didn't phase her. 

Alex is a literal light and glows a bit brighter every time we see her. We've only been teaching her for a week and a half and I can't believe the growth we've seen in her. She has already read through 2 Nephi in the Book of Mormon, she's come to church and three activities this week, and she just craves the spirit. She is going to be baptized July 8th! Alex is a miracle and she is exactly what this ward needs.

My testimony of prayer has grown so much this transfer. I know without a doubt Heavenly Father loves us, hears us, and answers our prayers. When we take the time to talk to Him - to really open our heart to Him and listen for what He has to say, we see miracles. I don't know why I'm so lucky to have the gospel in my life and to know that I can turn to Heavenly Father and rely on Him for everything. But it sure makes me excited to share that knowledge with others! I love being a missionary.

I love y'all! I hope you find sunshine in your lives this week. Have a blessed one! 

Sister Thomas

Half Christmas festivities

Cute Sis Edwards at the Red Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment