Monday, June 12, 2017

ONE YEAR

Sis Edwards is the cutest and made this adorable sign

Huge tender mercy: We got to see Sister Johnson at MLC on our one year! All of us back together again was a
dream come true (these Elders were in the MTC at the same time as us, we just didn't know them then)

Tracting adventures :)

This week at LSU has been full of firsts!

·         Our first time teaching Isis (not the terrorist group, just our cool new friend who is very prepared for the gospel)

·         Our first time at Free Speech Alley! Free Speech Alley is a sidewalk on LSU campus where different groups can set up tables and talk to students. It's the only place on campus we are technically allowed to proselyte so we set up there a couple days a week and contact people. I thought it might be intimidating but it was actually really fun! We talked to a lot of people and were able to find some great potential investigators. This is going to be an amazing finding tool.

·         Our first time volunteering with the Red Cross. Our mission is doing something new where we're pairing up with Red Cross and all the missionaries spend a couple hours each week volunteering. So this week we got to put on some fancy vests and teach people about fire safety and install fire alarms. Kind of random, but it was an adventure.

This week made ONE YEAR that I've been serving Jesus Christ here in Louisiana. The time has flown by like crazy. I remember when I first came out Sister Amezcua told me she was jealous of the amount of time I had left. I thought she was crazy. I had 18 months left! As excited as I was to serve it felt like a pretty long time. Now I look at the new missionaries coming out and I am honestly jealous of the time they have left. Don't get me wrong, the mission is really tough. But it is also so beautiful. The mission is a roller coaster of moments that build up to life changing and eternity shaping experiences. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I forgot to mention it last week but Sister Edwards and I came out together so it was fun to celebrate our year mark together and reminisce on all our MTC adventures. I am not the same person I was a year ago. I'm not even the same person I was last week, or yesterday. Being a missionary is an incredible opportunity to rely on the Savior and make changes every day that lead me closer to Him. 

It's not that I am any greater; but I do have greater faith in Jesus Christ. I am quite human. I have more weaknesses than I can count and I fall down a lot. But something I love about the mission is it strips you away from everything. When I have a tough day I can't call my mom, or a friend, or rely on outside sources. When life gets too hard to handle I turn to Jesus Christ and He is my strength. This is how it should always be! I am incredibly grateful for this and everything else I continue to learn on this crazy journey. 

I love y'all! Have an incredible week and remember this crazy missionary loves and is praying for you. 

Love,
Sister Thomas

One of the many, many things I love about Sis Edwards is she loves the Louisiana rain just as much as I do

Our first day at Free Speech Alley 

 We helped set up for the YSA multi stake dance

No comments:

Post a Comment