Monday, April 24, 2017

Bloom where you're planted

We found this lil guy while we were tracting

So much love <3

Bailey and Harry Potter

Hey y'all! One of our investigators made us Harry Potter wands on Wednesday so I guess you can say we've had a pretty great week!

It wasn't anything out of the ordinary work-wise. We've been dropping some investigators that aren't quite ready for the gospel yet so we spent a lot of time reaching out to less actives and finding new investigators. Some days got a little long but we decided to have fun with it! We went on adventures along the way and I have been so filled with gratitude for this beautiful world Heavenly Father has given us. 

Here's something that really hit me this week:

"Heavenly Father knows all about you. Your strengths and your weaknesses. He knows perfectly who you are. But..he also knows who you can become. And with that knowledge, he has placed you here. Now - at the exact place and time in which you can do the most good with the talents and gifts He has given you." - Elder Craig C. Christensen

Sometimes I get pretty down on myself thinking about how much I fall short of who I feel like He needs me to be. But in reality, Heavenly Father knows exactly who we are. He knows we are broken instruments but he is a master and can create miracles with our broken selves. We are the pencil and He is the artist. He has given us talents and gifts to bless those around us. As we are humble and willing to follow Him, we will bloom where He has planted us.

I am so happy to be planted here in Chalmette with Sister Pedro. This work isn't always easy but hey, how much fun would easy be? I have so much love and respect for our lil group of branch members and I know this branch will grow. It might take one miracle at a time but I can't wait for the day I hear about the Chalmette ward <3

I love y'all!! Have a blessed week and keep on bloomin'!

Love,
Sister Thomas

Our new friends who live next door

Wow we made a lot of friends this week

Wow we made a lot of friends this week

No comments:

Post a Comment