Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The Living Christ

 Leonard is helping us teach our new investigator Bob

Our attempt at an "airplane cake" for Elder Stewart's funeral (He's going home)

Our attempt at an "airplane cake" for Elder Stewart's funeral (He's going home)

Exchanges with cute Hermana Banner
Hey y'all! It's been a crazy week. We're waiting for transfer calls but we're about to head to a museum so I'll have to fill y'all in next week. Hopefully Sister Pedro and I both stay in Chalmette :)

Funnies:
·         "I put some holy water on the flowers. That stuff works better than miracle-gro!"
·         *closing prayer in gospel principles* "And Heavenly Father, please knock some sense into Chucky before I get home and do it myself"
Last week during General Conference I felt this crazy prompting to memorize "The Living Christ". I got really excited about it and took some time to memorize it this week. And wow, there is some serious power in this testimony of the apostles. There was one moment where I was reciting the words and staring at a picture of Jesus Christ and it was one of the moments in my life where I have felt closest to my Savior. I add my testimony to those of the prophets and apostles: Jesus Christ lives. He is as real as you and me. He doesn't just watch us from a distance as we go through stretching experiences; He is right there with us if we allow Him to be. He is my best friend and I am so thankful for all that He has done and continues to do for me. 

So take some time to read "The Living Christ"! I promise it is worth it. This week leading up to Easter is the perfect time to focus on Jesus Christ. He lives and because He lives we have hope and we have peace. I love y'all! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. Happy Easter! 

Love,
Sister Thomas 

I <3 the Carrolls

My Opelousas Fam came to visit! I <3 the Nations

Shoutout to the best/craziest branch mission leader

No comments:

Post a Comment