Monday, May 1, 2017

"Of this be sure, you do not find the happy life, you make it" - Thomas S. Monson

Finding serenity at the zoo today

The Chalmette district

One advantage of not having a church building is having district meeting in a park
(it makes it a real adventure when it rains)

Hey y'all, happy May!! I think I blinked and now April is over. Time is flying so fast! I don't want to miss a moment so one of my goals right now is to take 10 seconds every now and then and just appreciate the moment I am in. I'm excited about everything that is ahead of us but I know we'll never get these experiences back. So I'm choosing to love these moments :)

It was a pretty normal week, packed full of little blessings here and there. We kept finding ourselves in the right place at the right time. It was cool because we didn't feel any dramatic spiritual promptings telling us where to go or who to talk to. We just made plans that made sense to us and Heavenly Father did all the heavy lifting. 

Our phone completely broke this week which was a lil crazy. It ended up being a huge blessing though! I was in Luling with my girl Sister Smeltz and by some miracle we met up with the Sisters. We had an appointment with Shannon and usually we'd give her a heads up before we go over but our phone was non functional so that wasn't really an option. We got there and Shannon was in bad shape. She was having a really bad week and had even left work early because she was crying so much. She didn't really want us over but she invited us in and the spirit took care of the rest. We were able to share some scriptures with her that gave her peace and she was thirsting for more! It was a real breakthrough with her. And if our phone had been working she would have told us not to come and we never would have had this experience. God sure works in mysterious ways! 

I love y'all! Have a rad week and choose joy <3

Sister Thomas

Found this cool guy in the middle of the road (so of course we got pics with him)
Sidewalk inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment