Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Shaved heads, stolen bikes, and transfer news


Alexandria Zone sister pic

 I'm the luckiest to get to stay with Sister Gelwix another transfer

Opelousas is full of fun murals we got to enjoy as we biked through (zydeco is cajun music)

Transfer news: Sister Gelwix and I are staying in Opelousas! I feel so blessed to be able to stay in this area for another 6 weeks. I love the people here more than anything.  

Y'all this week was action packed. I sure love Opelousas and all the crazy adventures that come with it. This week:

1. We biked for the first time and counted our blessings the whole way
2. We shaved Sister Green's head with disposable razors (wouldn't recommend). We thought she was joking when she said she wanted us to give her a haircut. Lol she is the craziest! She told us, "When I feel my head, I want to feel only skin. I want to be a skinhead!" I sure love this funny lady!
3. Our bikes got stolen. We walked out of an appointment to find a bike lock that had been cut open. We didn't know what to do so we just laughed it off, counted our blessings again, and filed a police report. Everything happens for a reason and we know God is watching over us so it's all good. 
4. I did the "mega death sauce" challenge (I am the biggest wimp when it comes to spicy food so this is quite the accomplishment)
5. Lance (our recent convert) said "this is my favorite part" as we took the sacrament on Sunday <3

This week was a tougher week for the work here. One of our investigators who is on date for baptism in a couple weeks said her brother won't let her join the church. He makes all her big decisions for her so she won't go against what he says. Paul, Marcella, and Melvin gave us the same disappointing news. They all love the Book of Mormon and know it is true, they quit smoking (huge change), they know the church is true, and they want to be baptized but they texted us on Sunday saying they can't go against the commitment they made to another church. It's disappointing when people come to know our message is true and then they choose another path but it just makes me more grateful for the gospel in my own life.

Prayer is powerful y'all. I have a firm testimony that our Heavenly Father hears our prayers and He is watching over us. Life can be tough but when we truly understand who we are and we know Heavenly Father is on our side then nothing can keep us down. Life is good y'all! Thank you for the prayers, the love, and the support. I love y'all and my prayers are with you!

Love,
Sister Thomas

I wouldn't recommend using cheap, plastic, disposable razors to shave a persons head

Happy Sister Green with the new cut

The Jesus mural outside the police station


No comments:

Post a Comment