Monday, November 7, 2016

Seekers of the Truth

Hey y'all! This week was full of blessings on blessings on blessings. 

The beginning of the week was slow and a little tough. Our investigators that were on date for baptism decided the gospel isn't for them. It was sad because we love them so much but we hope they are happy. They know the Book of Mormon is true so maybe they will be ready to accept the gospel a little bit later. Sister Gelwix and I were feeling a little bit down. I have been praying really hard lately that we will find what my mission president, President Hansen, calls "seekers of the truth". This basically means those that are earnestly seeking to know spiritual truths and are prepared to follow God's will for them. Y'all, I know prayer is powerful because as I opened up my heart to Heavenly Father He blessed us more than I could have asked for.

The last three days have been miracles. On Friday, God led us to 48 year old Rebecca. She has cancer in her uterus and she told us "It is just not working without God". So she sent out messages to the LDS church, Jehovah Witnesses, and one other church. She told God that whichever one responded she knew was the answer to her prayer. Well we were the only ones that responded! She has so much faith. She knows that whatever happens to her is God's will and she is okay with it. We taught her about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and she was so excited! She told us she will be finished reading the Book of Mormon by next week. What? She is awesome!

On Saturday God led us to another seeker of the truth! She lives next door to our investigator Becky. We asked her how she was doing and she said "honestly, really bad". She said she never opens up to others but for some reason (the Spirit) she opened up about some hard things that are going on in her life. When we shared a message about the Restoration she was just crying and kept saying "this is exactly what I need". We love her and are so excited to see her again! 

Then on Sunday, God led us to yet another seeker of the truth! Three incredible new investigators in three days. God is too good to us! We had been striking out all day and finally a spunky lady named Lacey let us in the door. She grew up Pentecostal and was telling us that a lot of it doesn't make sense and she has a lot of questions. She opened up to us about her life. She is going through a really hard time. The entire time I was just thinking, "you know, the gospel is the answer to all of these problems and questions!" She is genuine and down to earth and is excited to read the Book of Mormon and see us again.

I am realizing over and over that I have nothing to do with this work. All of this is in God's hands and I just need to do my best to be a worthy vessel of the Spirit. God qualifies those whom He calls so even though I can feel inadequate and unworthy of so many blessings I know God will raise me up to be the missionary He needs me to be for His children. I love my Heavenly Father and I love this gospel! 

Heavenly Father is literally our Father and He is watching over us. He is sad when we are sad and He cares more about us than we could ever comprehend. How can we ever fear when we have Him on our side? The more that we turn to Him and focus on others the more He will show us the way and help us become like Him. The gospel is beautiful y'all <3

I love y'all! Have a blessed week! 

Sister Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment