Monday, October 3, 2016

"Help thou mine unbelief"

I <3 Sister Gelwix

Lisa at Nathan's baptism

I love Opelousas Louisiana. I don't have a lot of time but it has been a really good week y'all! I have just been so blessed. I am seeing so many tender mercies and God is lifting me in every way possible to fulfill my calling. I am incredibly inadequate but with Him I can truly do all things. It has been beautiful to see His hand in my life this week. 

Happy moments:
 - GENERAL CONFERENCE YALL. It was an incredible weekend. Thomas s. Monson is a prophet of God. I have been inspired and humbled by the messages in conference. I have a lot of changes to make in my life! 
 - We met Paul, one of our new investigators. He plays music at his church and he is so humble and ready for the gospel! We love him a lot already. 
 - Nathan, the elders' investigator got baptized this week. A less active woman, Lisa, that we have been working with came to the baptism. She committed to quit smoking and she has been making some serious changes in her life. It is beautiful to see how the gospel is truly for everyone. I love watching the atonement at work in the lives of people here

Lately I have been pondering a lot about the Savior and I've been trying to develop a more personal relationship with Him. So it was an answer to prayers to hear Elder Bednar's talk on this very subject. I love Elder Bednar and they way he puts things into perspective. We can know about Jesus Christ but do we know Him, truly know Him personally? sometimes we can get caught in a web of believing that Christ can perform miracles, just not for us. We might think that some blessings don't apply to us. But when we give away all our sins to really know Jesus Christ we will find peace and love and joy like never before.

This gospel is real y'all. The atonement is powerful and it can enable us to become more than what we are. I love y'all and I am always praying for you. Have a blessed week!

Sister Thomas

 I love playing with sweet little Aubree (Sister Nations is in really bad shape. You can see her in the mirror on the wall)

Everyone here has like 4 dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment