Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Choosing Joy + Transfer News


We met this rad guy at bible study named Joseph who goes by "Moses"

Our entire district was training this transfer so of course we took a baby and mommy/daddy picture

Life is crazy y'all! We got a call this morning that Sister Amezcua will be doubled in training in another area and I will be staying and training in Opelousas! Sister Amezcua has become one of my best friends and I am heartbroken to see her leave. She will do incredible work, of course <3

I feel super inadequate to be training right now. I still feel so new and I really don't know much about missionary work. I'm just trying to trust that God knows what He is doing and He will help my fulfill my calling. I know that those God calls, he qualifies so I'm sure it will all be good! I just need to rely on Him completely. I am very imperfect but I know it will all be okay. It will be hard but I know with God I can do all things <3

Funny moments this week: 
 - A 7 year old girl anointed us with oil at bible study this week
 - The Elders dared Sister Amezcua to lick a little black frog. She did, of course, and discovered it was poisonous. Her tongue was tingling and hurting for a couple hours
 - The Opelousas Elders tried to prank us! They put Koolaid in our shower head and saran wrap in our toilets, but we caught them so it's all good
 - The Elders left a bunch of pool noodle light sabers at the church. The primary kids discovered this and we found them all whacking each other after church. At least three kids left crying, it was crazy

This week was crazy. Something that Sister Amezcua and I have been working on is seeking out peace and joy. Sometimes it can be easy to get caught up in the hard moments of life. But if we stay stuck in those moments we are not moving forward! Sister Amezcua is such a good example to me of consciously choosing joy. It is not enough to allow joy to come into our lives; we are so much happier when we actively seek it. Life is crazy but God is good. 

I love y'all so much. I hope you're all doing well and loving life! I know that when we turn to God, we can find peace and joy in the hardest moments. I love y'all! Have a great week!

Sister Thomas


District pyramid

The Opelousas crew doubling as seminary substitutes

Canes canes canes

No comments:

Post a Comment