Monday, September 5, 2016

"On fire for Jesus”

We made the zone jealous with our matching ties and headbands


Service gets LIT in Louisiana

We had a rad week y'all!

Yesterday was fast Sunday which is the best thing for a couple reasons. Fasting is a great opportunity to receive blessings from Heavenly Father. I've appreciated fasting so much more on my mission. It is powerful and it brings miracles! Another reason I love fast Sundays is because this ward has some really great testimony meetings. We call fast and testimony meetings "Open Mic Night" here because the members will get up front and say whatever they want. We had some good laughs!

We went to a bible study this week for another church and it was the best thing. They spent the first 45 minutes having a "party for Jesus" where everyone danced around and went ham to gospel songs. It was pretty crazy, but it was cool to see the love these people have for the Savior. One woman we met at the bible study came to church on Sunday which was really great! She bore her testimony in the meeting and talked about how she loved meeting the missionaries who are "on fire for Jesus". The elders are going to start teaching her and we're excited to see how she progresses! 

The people in this area are so good. They have pure and loving hearts. They truly care for those around them and they let their actions speak louder than words. I feel so blessed to be able to serve in this portion of the Lord's vineyard. I love Opelousas!

Have a great week y'all! I promise that when we root ourselves in Christ, nothing can shake us. Keep on doing the little things that bring us closer to Him! "Our decisions determine our destiny". We can all choose to be a little kinder and to love a little more. I'm so thankful for the love I receive from y'all! I love y'all and I'm always praying for ya!

Sister Thomas


Miss Frances holding the sweet letter my Aunt Jenny sent her <3

Disco district

No comments:

Post a Comment