Monday, July 10, 2017

LSU and lovin it

Free speech alley with my sweet Sister Gelwix

Love purple, live gold #LSU

Hey y'all!

I love serving at LSU with Sister Edwards. It's great to be serving on a college campus and we have a good time with all the blessings and challenges that come with it. One night this week we were tracting at an apartment complex and a couple guys came out and started giving us a bit of a hard time. It was pretty funny actually, they were trying to convince us to leave with them and hit up some party. "How about you go change and come to a party with us and then we can talk about Jesus?" We just kind of laughed and gave them a pass along card which they were excited about because it has a phone number on the back....little do they know that number calls headquarters in SLC! We tried to explain but it was too late. Oh well, they're in for a surprise!

I hope everyone had a great week. We don't have much time today so here are some highlights:
  • We had a sweet lesson with a new investigator who hadn't prayed in 6 years. We taught him how to pray and as he said the closing prayer the spirit was so strong it was tangible. I love these moments as a missionary.
  • I was reunited with sweet Sister Gelwix for a day! I am still learning so much from this incredible girl. She is working miracles in this mission and in the lives of those around her. It was a blast to reminisce on Opelousas memories and catch up on our missions.
Y'all this gospel is so true. Jesus Christ is our Savior and He lives. It is so great to be able to share this happy message with others. I love y'all! Have a bless'd week!

Love,
Sister Thomas

p.s. Sister Edwards and I are staying together for another 6 weeks! I couldn't be happier about it. I love her - she is my best friend and inspires me to be better every day. Life is so good!

Sis Edwards and I take every opportunity to celebrate.
Even if it means just taking a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment