Monday, March 27, 2017

What lack I yet?

What we think our zone looks like (zone conference)

What our zone actually looks like

Y'all it was such a good week! It was nothing like we planned but that's the beauty of doing this work. We get to see how somehow it all goes according to His plan. 

Funnies:
- Our car is in the shop this week so we're on bikes. Well my bike was having some issues so we spent a few days walking! We moved a lot of things around but there was one appointment we couldn't change. So we walked for an hour and a half to get to there and one our way we ran into our branch mission leader. He felt so bad that he couldn't give us a ride that he tried stopping the police to have them drive us! Haha we explained to him that that wouldn't fly either so he drove away and called us every five minutes to make sure we were safe.
- We volunteer at the First Baptist food pantry twice a week and this 50 year old guy told Sister Pedro "When you get to be my age, I'll be here". She complimented his haircut so now he thinks she has "the hots" for him. We had to explain a few things! 

Quote of the week: "Everyone keeps telling me that Mormons are bad and wrong but all I know is that I come to church and I feel love. I was hungry for it. This is real. This is it." - Dorrish (she's on date for baptism! We are so happy for her!)

There's a talk I really like by Elder Larry R. Lawrence that I studied this week. It's called "What lack I yet?" and it's about the story in Matthew 19 about the rich young ruler who asks Jesus what is keeping him from moving forward, or in others words, what he is lacking. As we're on this path to return to Heavenly Father we need to ask for directions every once and a while. I know that when we pray in specifics the Lord will answer in specifics. When we ask Him what we need to do to improve He will answer us! It might not be the answer we expect but as we are willing to do whatever the Lord asks, even if we don't understand why, He will lead us where to where we will feel the most joy.

Have a great week y'all!! I love you and pray for you.

Love,
Sister Thomas

Y'all I couldn't even finish half of this hamburger. It was huge.

Lunch with Sister Carroll

We grew pretty fond of this lil guy after we walked past him 4 times this week


No comments:

Post a Comment