Monday, March 20, 2017

Crawfish boil or bust

Luling is soooo beautifu

Weekly sidewalk inspiration

Pray more, worry less

Cute Hermana McCombs and I in Chalmette

Exchanges in Luling with sweet Sister Paulo

Y'all this week was on for the books!! So many happy moments and so many good changes. Something I love about serving in a small branch is we get to see real change. We see the members grow and change, less active members come unto Christ and change, and new members change and embrace the gospel. This happens in every area but I find it especially true in lil old Chalmette. There are always disappointments but there is no need to let them get us down because this is His work and it will continue to move forward. That's pretty cool!

On Friday Sister Pedro and I experienced our first crawfish boil! (pronounced bowl). We had a branch activity in President Farrell's backyard and it was a blast. Sis and I were exhausted from back to back exchanges this week (I went to Luling, she went to Westbank) but we were lifted by this activity. It was beautiful to see everyone making lasting memories and friendships. And hey, the food was really good too! 

I hope y'all have a rad week! Keep on doing those little big things. Whatever our circumstances we really can find joy as we live the gospel and keep up on the "little" things that matter. I've met some of the happiest people out here living in the saddest situations. The gospel is the good news and I am sure blessed to be sharing it. 

Love,
Sister Thomas

CRAWFISH (you boil 'em alive)




No comments:

Post a Comment