Monday, February 13, 2017

Peace, Be Still - tornadoes and blessings

Reunited for 24 hours with my best friend Sister Amezcua. She is a light and exudes happiness and love <3

Our new investigator Dorrish on date to be baptized! She came to church and felt right at home in this lil' branch

NOLA sisters at ZTM

I feel like a months worth of miracles were packed into this short lil' week. So many happy tears and smiles and prayers of gratitude. Heavenly Father has been so so good to us.

On Tuesday the strongest tornado to ever hit New Orleans hit part of our area pretty hard. We were on lock-down but felt strongly that we needed to be with a certain sister in the branch. We got permission to leave our apartment and go a few blocks down to her home where she was alone with her five year old daughter. She has severe anxiety and was just trying to hold on when we showed up. I was blessed with the gift of peace and didn't have a doubt in my mind that we would be okay. As the storm came through the area we sang hymns and read scriptures to maintain the spirit and bring peace in a time of distress. It was a beautiful experience and I felt much like the apostles on the sea with Jesus when He told the storm "Peace, be still". Amidst the waves and strong winds of the world it is only Jesus Christ that can bring peace and joy to our souls. We felt that power quite literally in these moments <3

Three of our good friends who are learning about the gospel are going to be baptized in the coming weeks. I am amazed at how Heavenly Father has prepared His children to take these steps to follow Him. We are witnesses to miracles happening in this area. This little branch is growing and I have faith that we will see it continue to grow! 

I hope y'all are finding that same peace by inviting the spirit into y'alls lives. The gospel truly is the "good news" and as we draw nearer to God He will draw us nearer to peace and joy. Happy Valentines day! Lots of love and prayers coming y'alls way <3

Love,
Sister Thomas

"I'm feeling a lot of feelings about my baptism. Especially happy and excited" - Abbie's words and drawing of baptism

"I'm not old, I'm vintage" Happy 70th birthday Mama Caswell!!

This girl his 18 months on our exchange!! So of course we celebrated with Reese's hearts <3

No comments:

Post a Comment