Monday, February 6, 2017

"I'm going to keep learning and worshiping Jesus"

Happy moment teaching these rad kids how to pray

St. Louis Cathedral <3

Exploring downtown New Orleans is one of my favorite things

Sweet Miss Sophie retiring from the baptist food pantry

Y'all, what a week! Keeping it short and simple today :)

We relied on our Savior this week a ton as we learned patience, love, and diligence. The work was a bit slow but Sunday was our sunshine peeking through the clouds! Heavenly Father blessed us with some incredible new investigators and our good friend Leonard who is learning about and embracing the gospel bore his testimony in sacrament meeting. It was humble, simple, and powerful. Leonard is excited for baptism! We are trying to plan his baptism around Mardi Gras parades. (the baptism font is in downtown New Orleans so this month-long holiday is posing a bit of a problem lol). Leonard is a true follower of Jesus Christ. In his own words, "I don't have much of a testimony yet but I'm going to keep learning and worshiping Jesus". What more can we ask?

Heavenly Father is so mindful of us. One of my favorite parts about missionary work is seeing people truly change through the atonement as they invite the Savior more and more into their lives. Heavenly Father loves us enough to let us struggle and learn but He always has something greater waiting for us. 

I love y'all and I am always praying for you. Have a great week! Keep learning, sharing, and loving. I am so thankful for y'all <3

Love,
Sister Thomas

Feeling a little short here

Blessed transportation

My new friend who sings like Louis Armstrong

Cajun Ratatouille. Y'all need to try this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment