Monday, July 11, 2016

Becoming Something Greater

87 year old Sister Cloward's "garage sale"

Stay classy, Louisiana
WHAT A WEEK.

Typical mission life, this week was crazy. It's a good thing I love crazy!

It is so cool to see how God always has a plan. It doesn't matter if we understand it or not. He has got everything under control. There have been a few days this week where we have had all of our appointments cancelled (or in other words, people just forget and are not home - a very common occurrence) just so we can be in the right place at the right time to share the message of the gospel with one of God's children. And God's way is always the best way! Our new investigators this week are BOMB. We love them a lot.

Saturday was a very special day. We were able to attend the temple sealing of one of the members of the Opelousas ward, "Mama Cat". There have been some serious miracles in her life lately. A few months ago, she was really frustrated. She hadn't been married for over 20 years and she was super lonely. So the missionaries in Opelousas decided to fast for her. They called it the "Great Cat Fast". They fasted for 15 days. They alternated who would fast for each meal. Two days after they ended the fast, Cat had a boyfriend. Two weeks later she was engaged and on Saturday, one month after the fast ended, she was engaged. Mercy, sometimes God answers prayers really quickly! The power of fasting is real y'all.

I love a lot of things about mission life. One part I especially love is how much missionaries grow. I can honestly say I am not the same person I was last week. I'm not even the same person I was yesterday. And I love it! Growth is good for the soul. Following Christ may not always be the easiest path but it will always be worth it! He never wants to take anything from us; He just wants to give us something greater. And I sure do love being made into something greater. "A person cannot give a crust to the Lord without receiving a loaf in return." - Melvin J Ballard

I love y'all! Trust in the Lord and keep on loving.


The Elders brought us ice cream to celebrate my
one month mark as a missionary!

The Opelousas ward has "cake day" once a month to celebrate
all the birthdays in that month. How cute!

Teaching Brother Carrell how to selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment