Tuesday, January 24, 2017

transfers, training, and trusting

I sure love my Sister Smeltz <3

Motivational quotes on the streets of New Orleans

Climbing this tree in City Park made for the best pday of all time

Calvin and Leonard make us so happy

Transfers came too fast this time around. My sweet friend and companion Sister Smeltz is leaving Chalmette. We are so sad, but she is excited to start a new chapter and leave her baby area. She will be wonderful wherever she goes. As for me, I am staying in Chalmette and got some crazy news: I'm training again! I feel humbled and inadequate for this calling, but I also feel more confident this time around. Not because I am greater, but because I have greater faith in God and I know he will carry me through and help me fulfill this calling. 

This week in a nutshell:
·         We biked through some crazy wind one day and then found out that evening that there were tornado warnings in our area all day....so that's pretty sweet!
·         Leonard came to church and loves it! He wants to invite his son and all his friends to a ward activity this week and to stake conference. We love him and love watching his progression as he comes closer to Jesus Christ.
·         There was one day this week where I was just having an off day. I kept messing up and getting frustrated with myself. But I decided to stop that and let it all go and let Heavenly Father take the reigns. I learn over and over that having faith is not about doing more; it's about caring less - letting go and allowing God take control. Faith is powerful when we truly trust Heavenly Father <3
I love y'all and hope you have a blessed week!

Sister Thomas

Classic New Orleans. We were driving down the street and this cool cat walked by playing some rad music. I love this place

 Mardi Gras tree! Some people don't even take down their Christmas tree. They leave it up and decorate it for Mardi Gras! (Mardi Gras is February 28 but everyone starts partying a month and a half in advance)

Sister Smeltz says goodbye to the city


No comments:

Post a Comment