Thursday, June 23, 2016

Miracles, surprises, and opportunities to grow

The Sisters standing outside our decorated door
(we have limited resources here)

Sister Johnson and I after hosting

Sister Johnson and I behind the Provo Temple
Hey y'all!

What a week.  

We said goodbye to our favorite investigator, Jessy, on Friday. She is our only investigator (we have had four so far) that has been real and we had a really good experience with her. We started teaching her last Monday and at that point she had already had all of the missionary lessons. She understood everything, she just didn't feel any of it. So we spent the week following the Spirit as we tried to figure out how to help her and address her needs. The last day we taught her she told us about an answer to her prayer! She was crying, we were crying, and I don't know if I have ever felt so much joy. We were so sad when we weren't able to teach her anymore. We still pray for her every day.

My district got to host new missionaries this week! This means we were the missionaries that wait on the curb in front of the MTC and take the missionaries away from their families. It is a lot happier than it sounds! We got to help the new missionaries get excited about the MTC and take them around for 20 minutes. It was a blast!

My district had some tougher days this week. It has been fantastic though because we have grown incredibly close in the short amount of time we have spent together. As excited as I am to head to Louisiana on Tuesday (which is really, really excited) I will also really, really miss my district. I can't wait to see them all again in a couple years! 

My MTC stay has taught me a lot about following the Spirit. The funny thing about following the Spirit is that a lot of the time I don't even realize it is the Spirit that is leading me until after the fact. Sometimes it is more about trying my best and being in the right place at the right time. As I have tried my best to be obedient and become more like the Savior I have seen miracles and tender mercies. Nothing is cooler than walking away from teaching a lesson and realizing that the Spirit had completely taken over. I love being a missionary!

Life is beautiful. I can't wait to see what Louisiana has in store for me! I hope you are all doing well!

Love,
Sister Thomas

My cute companion with the cute package
my mom sent

 Elder Muhlestein reading us stories from the Book of Mormon
Stories Childrens book to read during personal study)


I have no words. 
Sister Johnson in the chair fort the Elders made for her
(we have some long days at the MTC)

Classic Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment